How one RIA's faith in Salesforce's sophistication led to cut-and-paste hell and a major rethinking
After a dazzling SF demo, Portland Global Advisors planned to dump its advisor-dumb Microsoft CRM for Salesforce but the devil was in details
A week after he became chairman of Eric Clarke's board, Charles Goldman is heading the search to replace Clarke as Orion CEO-- at Eric's direction
Eric Clarke founded Orion in 1999 and built it to a $3.6 trillion AUA juggernaut, but he believes both he and the company are ready for a big change
May 22, 2023 at 5:13 PM
Cetera hiring Mike Durbin as CEO -- overseeing its existing 'CEO' -- completes Genstar's stellar HR week after it put Charles Goldman atop Orion's board -- with 'exponential' growth in mind for the 'middle market' companies
The Los Angeles broker-dealer nabbed the Fidelity legend to take its $118-billion AUM and 8,000 advisors higher, just as Orion -- also majority owned by Genstar -- makes a similar move.
May 18, 2023 at 1:46 AM
Fidelity lands RIA whisperer from Schwab in a coup, apparently using quality-of-life perks as lure
Kelly Smith chose the Boston rival for greater flexibility, better pay and a chance to move upmarket to sell family office services to RIAs that mix with the ultra-high-net-worth elite.
February 10, 2023 at 3:39 AM
RIA recap: Bernie Clark promises to 'be there' for coming TDA-Schwab system snafus; Fidelity gets custody win; Vanguard dishes out big tax bill to investors
Schwab RIA chief petitions for 'patience' for coming merger inconveniences but 'repapering' is no culprit; Carrie Pomerantz gets Schwab board seat; Addepar wins $65 billion AUM contract.
November 3, 2022 at 1:59 AM
See more related moves
Top Executive: Sanjiv Mirchandani
Top Executive: Marc Benioff
Outsourcer, CRM Software, Tech: Other
Top Executive: Ted Tsung
Top Executive: Brian McLaughlin
Having lived through many software migrations and implementations in my time as a business analyst and project manager, I find this article very telling in that I suspect a couple of factors were in play here that were excluded from this obviously one sided article about one RIA that had trouble implementing Salesforce,
1. the implementation was being performed by someone that didn’t know Salesforce and hadn’t spent time understanding it prior to beginning the implementation,
2. the implementation was being performed by someone that didn’t know how to use Excel to massage their existing data into a format that was needed for loading by Salesforce,
3. there is likely some merit to the comment that Salesforce had about a lack of executive availability (based on my own expereince in their sales team’s dogged pursuit of my business in the past),
4. there was never an effort to redesign and improve business processes as part of implementing a new technology. Instead of looking at where improvements could be made, they took the approach of 'Let’s do it the same way we always did, but with a new CRM’.
5. there was a significant under-estimation of the time required to implement a new CRM, which is a very common mistake in CRM implementations, as users over simplify their needs and expectations.
Given that graduation is actually a substantial working day, each 1 of you ought to look very best! For all those people today girls that intend to get graduation dresses for that massive working day will definitely complete up hunting ideal. Now once you start youe looking for your graduation attire, start with shade. Which colors have been in nowadays? Nicely, just take a evaluate most current a trend that showcases the colours much too. Mostly girls prefer placing on Whitened graduation dresses. Other well-known colours can incorporate blue, peach, black and yellow. Mostly girls like putting on similar colours this kind of since the whole batch. Buddies plan their graduation attire theme to ensure that each individual a person of these seems to be greatest!